- 8.7.1959 establishing of the Department of Automation and Control (DAC) at the Faculty of Electrical Engineering of the Slovak University of Technology (FEI STU) in Bratislava
- 8.7.1959 launching study in the branch Automation Technology in form of follow-up study with 101 students
- 1.10.1961 launching daily study in the specialization Control Technology with 38 students
- 22.4.1969 the working group on computers detached from DAC and established the Department of Computers at the FEI STU
- 1.7.1983 establishing of the Department of Automatic Control Systems of Technological Processes
- 1.9.1991 launching study in the study branch Automation with participation of both the DAC and DACS
- 1.9.1993 implementation of a two-degree engineering study (4 + 3) and the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS) at FEI STU
- 1.9.2002 implementation of distance education in the branch Automation
- 1.9.2004 the two-degree study scheme (4+3) was changed to a (3+2) scheme
- 1.9.2004 launching the bachelor study program Industrial Informatics, the master study program Robotics within the study branch Automation, and the master study program Cybernetics within the study branch Cybernetics
- 1.3.2006 establishing of the Institute of Control and Industrial Informatics by a fusion of the Dept. of Automaton and Control, Dept. of Automatic Control Systems and Dept. of Economics and Management
- 1.4.2007 Dept. of Economics and Management detached form the institute, today it is a part of the Institute of Management of the STU.
- 1.7.2013 12 workers and 8 doctoral students left for the newly established Institute of Automotive Mechatronics.
- 1.1.2014 the institute was renamed to Institute of Robotics and Cybernetics.
- 1.1.2017 Number of the departments was reduced to three: Dpt. of Robotics, Dpt. of Cybernetics, Dpt. of Artificial Intelligence.
In the period 1963-2011, there was a total of more than 3000 graduates in various forms of study branches Automation Technology, Engineering Cybernetics, Automatic Control Systems, Automation, Cybernetics, Robotics.
Former heads of the departments DAC, DACS and directors of the ICII
Department of Automation and Control
Václav Kalaš (1959 – 1959)
Miroslav Šalamon (1960 – 1963)
Václav Kalaš (1963 – 1964)
Miroslav Šalamon (1964 – 1974)
Václav Kalaš (1974 – 1976)
Štefan Kočiš (1976 – 1981)
Václav Kalaš (1981 – 1989)
Ivan Georgiev (1990 – 1990)
Alexander Varga (1990 – 1991)
Milan Žalman (1991 – 1998)
Ladislav Jurišica (1998–2006)
Department of Automatic Control Systems
Juraj Bízik (1983-1990)
Ján Murgaš (1991-1997)
Štefan Kozák (1998-2006)
Institute of Control and Industrial Informatics
Ladislav Jurišica (2006-2007)
Ján Murgaš (2007-2019)
Jarmila Pavlovičová (since May 1, 2019)